Twitter Updates

    Thursday, November 13, 2008

    The rarely written edition!

    Hi hi hi!

    So anyway, catching up real quick on news around and about my loves, there is going to be an AWESOME/AMAZING/FANTASTIC STENCIL show at the gallery (ARTWHINO IN NATIONAL HARBOR) (god i love caps today). Here are the details before I get too distracted.






    Event Info
    Host:
    Art Whino Gallery
    Type:
    Network:
    Washington, DC
    Time and Place
    Date:
    Friday, November 14, 2008
    Time:
    6:00pm - 11:55pm
    Location:
    Art Whino Gallery
    Street:
    173 Waterfront Street
    City/Town:
    Oxon Hill, MD

    Description

    An exhibition celebrating stencil art featuring over 30 artists who
    work
    in this provocative medium. Art Whino will be bringing a traditionally
    secretive, outdoor based art form inside gallery walls. Come see the
    amazing installation by 15 artists from all around the world, and meet
    them and talk about their work at the Opening Reception. Learn about
    this creative trend that is present all over the world. Meet Russell
    Howze, author of Stencil Nation, and attend his presentation on the
    incredible art featured in his book. Get your copy of Stencil Nation
    signed at our book signing and panel discussion about the origins,
    popularity and integration of stencil art into the gallery world.

    Friday November 14th from 6-Midnight
    Opening reception at Art Whino Gallery.

    The
    gallery walls will be transformed as a 15 artists come out from all
    over the world for a huge install collaboration. Thirty artists will be
    showcased. Each artist will showcase 20 pieces created on found objects
    that will be integrated into and inspire the overall installation,
    bringing the gallery back into the realm of street art. These found
    object works will retail for $20 - $40, keeping the art accessible and
    true to its roots.

    Music by DJ Face

    Special Performance by VODKA AND DONUTS

    Sunday. November 23rd, from Noon – 6pm
    At Art Whino gallery
    Stencil Nation book signing by Russell Howze.
    Presentation by Russell Howze on the Art of Stencil 2 - 3pm
    Panel discussion from 3 – 4pm focused on the popularity and growth of stencil art and it’s transition into fine art galleries.


    This event is FREE and open to the public.


    Show end date: Dec 6th

    and yes, I did just c&p that from facebook. So, the show should obviously be awesome. I know that you can tell this just by looking at it. I know you can. I have faith in you.

    Later today we'll have a roundup of my favorite prints (including an awesome Audrey Kawasaki that goes on sale this weekend I think), a few looks that i like or have questions about, and photography finds.

    Speaking of photography, why is it so hard to get B&W 120mm processed. I just want to know whats on my damn lomos!! I spoke with Shane (owner of ArtWhino, aka Bossman) and he suggested Chrome Imaging, (whom I love dearly), but I don't feel like driving into DC for 12 images. Motophoto will process 120mm color, and I suspect DigipixArt will as well (btw they are really quite awesome people to work with, their processing services are fabulous, I send my dad there all the time (yeah I need to work on his website so badly). Anyway, speak to you soon!

    No comments: